Posted on Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Clough Harbour and Associates LLP is pleased to announce the release of the firm’s first Sustainability Report. This document establishes a baseline against which the company can determine metrics and measure the successes of company-wide practices that are being instituted under the firm’s Go Green Initiative.
CHA’s goal is to follow up on its moral responsibility to protect the environment by proactively reducing its carbon footprint at a rate of 10% each year over the next two years. Given the impacts of global warming, rising fuel prices, and dwindling natural resources, it was imperative to design a new approach to sustainability.
In addition to establishing baseline metrics, the report outlines several initiatives including:
- Developing strategies that address paper usage
- Providing employees with reusable mugs as replacement for disposable cups
- Using rechargeable batteries
- Recycling materials and promoting the use of products made from recyclables
- Conserving energy by updating to more efficient computer monitors
- Purchasing renewable or clean energy
- Reducing travel through the use of conference calls and internet-facilitated meetings
- Implementing a hybrid car purchase incentive program
- Instituting an employee carpooling incentive program
CHA intends to send a clear message that the firm will continue to hold itself accountable to clients; business partners; employees; the community; and the engineering and construction industries as a whole. Communication of CHA’s progress will be made through periodic reports which will be made available through this website.
The full report can be viewed and downloaded from the site’s Sustainability Page here.